The European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, aims to ensure maximum safety for onsite participants.
Health and safety measures at the venue may evolve until the event takes place and currently include:
- As from 7 March 2022, the EU COVID certificate is no longer required to attend events in Belgium.
- The European Commission maintains the obligation to wear face masks at EC events, including the 8th Cohesion Forum.
- Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers will be available at the venue
- Physical distancing in all areas will be possible
- Traffic flow throughout the venue, with stickering on the floor
- CO2 sensors in each room and proper ventilation system
- Limitation of contact surfaces and objects
- Microphones, interpretation headsets disinfected after each use
- The staff is briefed to apply the COVID-19 event protocol of the venue
If you are suspected to be positive for COVID-19, please cancel your on-site participation immediately by contacting the event secretariat: email@example.com. Stay isolated until you get tested and follow the instructions of the Belgian authorities.
Travellers must provide the following documents to enter Belgium:
1. EU COVID certificate
People not residing in Belgium must have a valid COVID-19 certificate upon entry, except for short stays of less than 48 hours without the use of a carrier (air, train or bus). The ‘EU COVID Certificate’ or equivalent contains one of the following:
- A vaccination certificate proving that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You are fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your last vaccination dose and if the vaccine is recognised by Belgium: BioNTech and Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Novavax, Covishield and R-Covi.
- A recovery certificate showing that you have recovered from COVID-19. These certificates are issued only on the basis of proof of a positive PCR test result. Validity: from 11 to 180 days after the positive test.
- A negative test result. Validity: 72 hours (PCR) and 24 hours (Rapid Antigen Test) after the negative test.
More information available here : https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/
In case you do not comply with health and safety obligation, the European Commission will not be responsible, so make sure you anticipate your travel and EU COVID Certificate.